Job Profile SummaryGrade H
Responsible for supporting the exploration and development of new business opportunities, contributing to the successful development of offers, building relationships with appropriate partner/supplier contacts and supporting execution of strategic projects, whilst exercising a combination of commercial and technical rigor to help achieve BP's growth objectives.
Job AdvertDo you want to help define the strategy and products in our electrification mobility business with a focus on energy management?
Within the e-Mobility business, energy management is at the centre of our strategy to create disruptive offers through the ability to control a smart EV charging point remotely reducing costs for customers and helping to balance the grid. Energy management is a critical component of a low carbon energy system. The scale of flexibility available from EV charging is expected to be substantial and meet a significant proportion of grid’s flexibility requirements.
The successful candidate will be the expert in electrification & mobility services with a strong understanding of the global electrification and power markets, regional differences, trends and the competitor landscape. You will be the go-to person for deep market understanding, providing insights to inform strategy development, strategy evolution and business development opportunities. You will model the relevant, evolving electrification value chains and provide input on value pools for Future Mobility & Solutions (FM&S) through 3rd party providers or internally.What the role does!
What we need from you!
- Contribute to the strategy, offer and product development, including making recommendations for both organic and inorganic growth, due diligence on investment opportunities and assessment of counterparties.
- Specifically on load management, energy management, energy flexibility and tariff optimisation from smart charging, deliver global research studies and identify monetisation business opportunities and innovative digital products.
- Build a competitive advantage for bp by providing superior market insights on global electrification business, identifying emerging trends and opportunities.
- Develop models and provide informative analysis of the impact of emerging trends on electrification and mobility value chains.
- Understand market dynamics, pricing, margins, and value capture as well as technology developments and the evolution of alliances and partnerships.
- Provide support to build innovative customer offers, tools and programmes new to bp. Weave those offers into the design of business models that have the potential to scale to material businesses for bp, where possible demonstrating existing strengths and assets.
- Contribute to building a portfolio of options that provide short, medium and long-term commercial benefit for bp.
- Deliver some of the proof of concepts in various related areas including coordinating and integrating 3rd party manufacturers, partners, and internal parties.
- Support the development of business cases including economic modelling.
We are looking for someone with a degree level qualification in business, economics engineering or equivalent. You will have a strong background of developing market analysis and customer insights for both B2B and B2C generating material value and opportunities. Experience building commercial models is crucial. Having experience in power markets as well as electrical vehicle digital business is vital. Experience in power markets tariff design policies, energy flexibility and vehicle to grid is highly desirable.
To be successful in the role you will need strong project management, communication and influencing skills. Having the ability to analyse large amounts of data and present this data in a variety of ways is vital.Please note this is a UK based role.
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
EntityCustomers & Products
Job Family GroupStrategic Planning & Business Development Group
Travel requiredYes - up to 25%
About BPCUSTOMER AND PRODUCTS
We’re gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.
Want to join the team? This means:
• being customer-centric, agile and responsive to changing customer needs and dynamic markets
• focusing on growth and development of customer offers
• optimising the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
• contributing to the reduction of carbon intensity of the products we create, and sell, by 50% by 2050 or sooner
• creating strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
• being digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions.