A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a 5x Project Management Specialist to join our client's site in Yeovil (ITAR site). This role is full time temporary until May 2021. The rate of pay is between £25-£30 per hour depending on experience, working Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm, 37 hours a week.
**All successful candidates will be subject to a drug test and security screening process prior to starting on site**
- The coordination and completion of projects.
- Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarises progress of project.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Create project plans, schedules and determine milestones to internal and external customer dates using earned value metrics and a structured behaviour to monitor the plans
- Negotiate resources and maintain the focus on milestone adherence so the project is delivered on time, whilst maintaining the financial viability of the project.
- Generate data on the products, will contribute to the data review from other engineers and will contribute to the verification and validation processes of the products through test and analysis.
Skills and Experience
- Great communication skills to build internal and external customer relationships with the integrated project team, internal resource leadership, project management office leadership and the program manager, to drive the project forward to completion.
- Experience of oxygen components and/ or Environmental Control Systems products is essential
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering,
- Demonstrable experience of Project Engineering and Project control
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the engineering principles of Environmental Control Systems (ECS) on aircraft, and the verification and validation processes in qualifying ECS equipment,
- Oxygen components and system on aircraft, and the verification and validation processes in qualifying oxygen equipment,
- High level of proficiency on Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel,
- The ability to write reports to a high standard
- The ability to manage a complex project across international boundaries, with international stakeholders, whilst working from home due to Covid 19
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to produce and talk to engineering presentations and project metrics to a wide group of engineers and project management specialists.
- Ability we work on UK and USA based projects with the appropriate security clearances.