Marketing Manager – Media and Customer Planning
A part of the Marketing Communications team reporting into the Senior Marketing Manager you will have two high focus areas - Media and Customer Planning.
You will be responsible for all elements of Above the Line Media for Screwfix UK and Ireland- from briefing media agencies to delivering and reporting on performance. This will include ensuring we are targeting the customer with the right mix of media for individual campaigns through both traditional and digital channels. You will also be integral to developing and driving the customer plan for all customer communications.
Please note that this is a 10 month Maternity cover position.
You will have the Screwfix customers’ needs at the heart of everything you do, building plans that ensure we are laser-focussed in helping grow our customer portfolio along with increasing the share of wallet (SOW) of existing customers and ensuring that they continue to shop with Screwfix for their wider project needs.
The Marketing Manager will need to forge strong relationships both externally working with our Media Agencies and internally across the entire business to make sure we are delivering best in class media plans ensuring our customer is at the heart of everything we do.
You will work closely with the Demand, Brand & Trade + teams to deliver outstanding Digital, Paid Social & National Press assets taking creative toolkits and making those work to suit our targeted media plans.
The Marketing Manager will support our local teams in delivering media plans to support new store launches and any other support they may need. Building targeted media plans to best meet their objectives.
You will measure the success of your work through reporting on the results of all campaigns. You will have the ability to analyse key data to measure its success, taking learnings into future projects so that we continue to evolve and never remain complacent.
You will be responsible for (alongside the Senior Marketing Manager) building & managing budget allocations for activity throughout the financial year and take responsibility for capturing all budget spends through the year reforecasting and working with our finance teams closely.
You will also work both with external creative agencies and our own internal creative resource to find the best solutions for our digital & press activity with the main aim to ensure we have creative consistency with our main Screwfix proposition.
The Marketing Manager will also work with the Senior Marketing Manager & Commercial Planning teams to develop and drive the customer plan for all customer communications. This will include looking at customer data and insight to help determine the campaign propositions to market to our customers. You will be accountable for managing our customer plan - ensuring the plans are up to date, accurate and are distributed on time to many different stakeholders.
The Marketing Manager has direct responsibility for 3 x Marketing Assistants so strong leadership and management skills are key.
Required skills & experience
- Strong, dynamic communication skills
- Agency relationship and briefing experience
- Proven eye for detail
- Budget Management & Forecasting
- Experience of managing a team
- Cross-functional relationship building and collaboration
- An understanding of customer-led marketing activity
- Commercial acumen teamed with a can-do attitude
- The ability to work within a fast-paced customer-focussed business
- The ability to deliver campaigns to set deadlines
- The ability to successfully manage a changing and multi-tasking workload
- ROI and KPI-led activity experience would be an advantage
- Strong multi-channel marketing experience would be an advantage
- Educated at Degree-level either in Marketing or another relevant subject is preferable.
- Extensive experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- As travel is required for this role, a full clean and valid UK Driver’s Licence is essential
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- In-house training and development
Sustainability at Screwfix
We are committed to running our operations sustainably and supporting our customers to make sustainable choices. We want every colleague to feel involved and to champion sustainability in their area, ensuring that sustainability is at the heart of how we work.
Follow us and find out more about #LifeAtScrewfix on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com