An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as Dove, Simple, Domestos, Sure and Persil have an opening for a Formulation & Ingredients Technician for a 6 months contract to start ASAP. The post will be based at their prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral, paying between £25.536 per annum, depending on experience.
This vacancy is a lab-based role and will require you to be on site, despite Covid.
- To partner with the regulatory affairs teams and global ingredient specialists to be on top of the continuous EU ingredient regulations and restrictions.
- To strategically map the dynamic EU ingredient landscape, and work with global development teams to devise a robust plan to ensure our full skin care portfolio is future fit.
- To ensure the ongoing compliance of our products in theeverchanging EU regulatory environment, through:
- Problem solving and troubleshooting formulation ingredient solutions.
- Working hand in hand with the regional and global formulation and processing teams to recommend and test viable replacement solutions.
- Working digitally to conduct robust experiments and data mining/predictive modelling
- Carry out a holistic end-to-end product design role, working in all aspects of product development, from laboratory and pilot plant scale formulation design, to scale up for manufacturing.
- Understand risks and manage & mitigate those as appropriate
- This role will work closely with other functions, such as procurement and supply chain, to create, develop and deliver product solutions
- Work and communicate effectively with different departments and functions to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks.
- Write formulation specifications and implement processes at Unilever and third-party manufacturing facilities. Design and execute trial proposals for manufacturing trials.
- Provide leadership for technical aspects of project development (TPL), including project management activities, holding others accountable, ensure project delivery on agreed technical targets and support decision making process for product development related matters.
- Carry out stability measurements and product analysis
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in a Science or Chemical Engineering discipline.
- Experience in Personal Care Research or Formulation Development would be advantageous.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in formulation and or processing development.
- Skilled and comfortable working in a digital environment
- A creative, logical and analytical mind to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems.
- Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.